• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch/crane on M35A3

tobyS

I want just slightly back high, not level without a load, so I expect to go with 5" not 3". I don't have the perch to remove like you did either GG...much simpler at the axle connection.

My truck has 1/4" x 8" x 3" C frame rails so I'll use 1/4" thick. Thus I expect to want 13" x 3" x 1/4" x 8' on each side. Cost is $200 but well worth it, I think.

Re crane. I found my stock of small cylinders. I have many of a 2" diameter that has 24" stroke. I use them on all kinds of machinery. Pressure to 2500psi. Thus each will lift about 7500# at pressure. Two of them on the boom, like an excavator would be sufficient, I think.

I'm ordering a flange kit for the tranny PTO that matches my pump spline so will have the pump ready to go in with the tranny. It will require a floor mod but not frame.