• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch disassembly

dropaduece

I have decided to freshen up my winch and have reached a snag. It is just about completely disassembled. I am having trouble figuring out how the spool and shaft come out of the housing. The worm gear is out yet can't get the bull gear off or the shaft that its attached to out. Any advice. Thanks.

Seth

dropaduece

i checked manual Tm 9-2320-361-20.

i did not see any detailed information on winch disassembly. There was a bunch of diagrams for the rear winch.

any other manuals i can check.

seth

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a winch parts TM. Look for it in the TM section(under resourses). TM9-3830-206-34P

dropaduece

what i am really hung up on is how to remove the shaft. On each end of the shaft there are two rounded keys, that sit into keyways. I am assuming they come out, yet i had a hard time getting them to budge. each time i tried to grap them i left indents on the keys themselves. i did not want to f them up too much. if they are indeed supposed to come out, let me know and i will try again. thanks again guys.

seth
301-922-1100 cell

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do come out, and you most likely will damage them removing them.(I did) I just replaced them with new keys from the hardware store.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do come out, and you most likely will damage them removing them.(I did) I just replaced them with new keys from the hardware store.
:ditto:

They can be stuck pretty good.

If you have removed the dog side and the drum the gear and shaft should slide right out. There is really no reason to remove the gear from the shaft unless you are replacing one or the other.