• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch for Deuce?

cbvet

Have a 1970 M35A2 with no winch.
Just came across a 5 ton dump in a local scrapyard. Engine is gone, but a lot of other parts are still there, including the winch.
I see that the winch driveshaft comes from the right (passenger) side. On my 1952 Stude M35 gas, the winch driveshaft comes from the left (drivers) side.
Will the 5 ton setup work on the M35A2 Deuce?
Thanks,
Eric

ida34

I have asked this before. The answer was it is not a bolt in. It can be done and one of our members has done it. You might try a search to find the other thread with all the responses.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A LOT of modification is required and a fair amount of fabrication. Plus, it's a lot of weight to be hanging off the front. Spicergear has done it, I believe. In fact, there's a thread with pics here somewhere. Search through the hot rodding the deuce forum to find it (I think that's where it is).

IMHO, you are better off finding and installing the correct deuce specific unit.

forklift

hey cbvet, I'm looking for a dump setup to put on my deuce. Was that one in good shape? If so, and you didn't want it yourself, you think you could see what they would want or maybe give me thier number? Let me know if yuo can. thank you, jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks