• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch frame extensions

illtemper

I know it's somewhere but i'll be darned if I can find it. I just need the dimensions of the frame ext's for a front 5 ton winch. just got a 20000 garwood w/ rollers, no tensioner or winder, paid 350 delivered. my m52a2 is not really restorable, but more of a work truck, so I plan on making the extensions myself. the TM's show a difference of 6" between w/w and wo/w, but that just doesn't seem right, how far does it really move the bumper out? another question; in the TM's it shows the winch control lever and has "R N L N H" ,but the pto I have, I believe only has "R N F" . so what am I missing? and what is the hinge lock? am I readin the wrong TM? do winch trucks come with all that? I know armyman had a good install on the old site,but I can't find it now. any help is much appreciated. I'll try to post a pic of the winch thanks...Jon

jwaller

yup comes with all that. the winch has 2 forward speeds and 1 in reverse. winch lock is a plate that goes over the pto handle in the cab to prevent it's use while it bounces when running down the road.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Good to see your still around. I can get measurements and pics this weekend if nobody answers you by then. Still got my number?

illtemper

this wknd would be great, I'll give you a call sat ,thanks.
still here,but my phone don't like the new site and that's what I'm always on...Jon

pevrs114

I pulled the 20K winch off a 5 ton truck in the junkyard, there was actually two sets of extensions - an outer extension that bolted to the bumper, and an inner 'sleeve' that ran between the extensions and the frame itself. I could go measure the extensions outside if you need them, I didn't get the sleeves though. From my memory, 12" sounds about right for how far out the bumper is compared to a w/ow truck, and there was easily 6" overlap on either side of the sleeves.