• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Frame

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if one had notches or something like that.

And I meant "non" in the original post not "none." I don't want nobody thinkin' I is illiterate.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it caught it from all the rust on my "minor rust" purchase. Luckily the frame and running gear is in good shape. It does look like there was an electrical fire though. The right blackout drive wiring was burnt to a crisp and the brake switch connections are completely gone. I think the whole thing is going to be in the hospital for a loooong time.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's pretty amazing. My problem unfortunately is two fold. 1-This is my wife's truck. 2- I am forbidden to do anything that would keep it from being drivable for longer than 2 days. I'm trying to locate a parts truck that I can take apart and restore piece by piece and just swap over.

Here's a link to my 16 year project that isn't any where close to being done although I have painted the doors and put the box back on the frame since the last posting.

http://www.carguyshop.com/new215179.html

Skip

I love those old Ford trucks. I built a 59 big window with a short step side bed. It took three trucks and a couple of years but I liked it. Some guy saw it and came buy with a wad of cash so I sold it.:-D

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is my 3rd '57. You'd think I would have learned my lesson after the first 2. They make very little in the way of aftermarket for the '57-'60 Ford pickups. If it had been a '56 I could have built it from the frame up just with new parts. Makes me kind of glad to start working on an M37. It's amazing how much new and NOS stuff is out there.

Carter

That's a good looking 57, nothing like a red Ford pickup. The job you are doing looks very thorough, nice work.
I restored a 56 Chev Bel Air 2 door and then painted it 57 Ford pickup red, just something about Ford red that I like.

Capt.Marion

That's a good looking 57, nothing like a red Ford pickup. The job you are doing looks very thorough, nice work.
I restored a 56 Chev Bel Air 2 door and then painted it 57 Ford pickup red, just something about Ford red that I like.
It's almost as purdy as the Ford Tractor Red they used on the 8Ns and NAAs and so on...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks