• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch help

SSG ALBANESE

Hey guys. Anyone have pictures they can share with me of the winch they have on their CUCV?

Bambi season is around the corner and I have a new 10,000 LBS winch I want to mount or build a mount for the hitch.

Yes, 10,000 is a bit much BUT hehe it was free, traded it for an extra 4 core radiator I had.

Also any other cool camping mods you may have would be nice.

Thanks!

biggestc69

I've got a Mile Marker 12k hydraulic on my 08. I am VERY impressed with it. My previous trucks used the old Ramsey worm gear electrics and it was good for what it was. But after being Hotel 8 wrecker qualified I have been in love with hydraulic/pto winches. Its kinda scary because unlike with an electric it wont bog down it just keeps pulling. I've got a feeling it will seriously break something long before it quits pulling. Check my started threads and I have all my mounting pics in it.

SSG ALBANESE

Hey thanks.

PTO sounds great, I would love to have the original CUCV setup but **** they are hard to find. (for somewhat of a decent price)

Cucvnut: thanks for the link. This is actually exactly what I had in mind but I wasnt sure how to set it up. Thank you.

biggestc69

My winch isn't run by a PTO its run by the power steering pump. I guess I should have worded my post a little better. Look for my thread " My M1008 Milemarker Winch Bumper " and it will show you pics of how I mounted mine.