• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Installation

acropilot

Does anybody have any pics of the complete winch set up for the 5-ton truck? I am installing mine as we speak and some pictures would be most helpful. Would really appreciate it if anyone out there has some pics that can share with me.

Tony

coachgeo

Do you have the TM's fired up to view ?? they show a lot, though understand how pictures at times help better than drawings.

edit....
Stupid me...... of course you have the TM's fired up. Good luck on the install. Hope someone can put up some pics

Last edited:

sassriverrat

Feel free to shoot questions this way- I converted my M923A2 to an M925A2 (hydraulics and winch) last spring. Not hard at all, just heavy holding the hydraulic tank above your head while someone slides frame bolts in!

acropilot

Winch Install

Do you have the TM's fired up to view ?? they show a lot, though understand how pictures at times help better than drawings.

edit....
Stupid me...... of course you have the TM's fired up. Good luck on the install. Hope someone can put up some pics
I do have the TM's CoachGeo. Pictures are worth a 1000 words though :)

scottmandu

I wold say installing the winch is the easy part, all the other stuff supporting it is the difficult part. Shimming the PTO, supporting the cab to replace the right side mount etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks