• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch installed

recon

I finally installed a winch on my 1971 M35. It was pretty much straight forward. Getting the knockout for the pto shifter out was a pain. It would not knock out. I had to drill a bunch of holes and use a chisel. The pto went on easily once I got the correct studs. Every thing else went smoothly.. With help from a few buddies and an engine hoist the winch ( attached to a bumper) slid right in and we bolted it on in just a few minutes.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like your winch came off of one of Ken Kublo's trucks. Looks great. Like Eric, I've had a winch assy here for a couple of years for my dropside, I never find time to install it.

wsucougarx

Outstanding looks great!!!! I made the mistake of removing the old bumper to keep the original with my truck...mistake. I sure paid for it too. Spent an extra 4 hours trying to get things lined up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks