• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch installs

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on the fence with these winches. They look appealing for my CUCV wrecker project as a front winch but I also have hydraulics so I might benefit from that. Decisions!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is aluminum. Kenny these winch's are great and just like all military stuff these are way underrated.
I don't think you will unsatisfied if you decided to use them

Hawssie

The hydraulic would be better in performance and much better for lasting daily use but these make more sense for most people. I sure like the compact clean look of these!(and light!) Also they would be much easier to up fit and to use then the hydraulic unit. With the factory hydraulic winch you cant even see the winch or whats going on when you use it like its designed, sitting in the cab. I put a wireless remote and a pendant remote set up on my factory hydraulic winch which now makes it useable for one person.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve nice job. Hawssie I don't know where you get these are light, pulled my back out installing the rear one.
Dang things are heavy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My research shows they are close to 200#. Whatever I use will need to fit between the frame rails on the front of the CUCV. The winch needs to be hidden.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are heavy. The front one was not too bad but the rear one was a pain heavy and trying to get it in a tight spot.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are killing me with these winches. I've been debating myself for a couple of weeks now trying to decide if I want one of these or a hydraulic for the CUCV wrecker. I've never lost so many debates with self. I'm really leaning towards one of these, just can't swing the asking price. Crapola. By the way, love seeing allm the installs in this thread.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are killing me with these winches. I've been debating myself for a couple of weeks now trying to decide if I want one of these or a hydraulic for the CUCV wrecker. I've never lost so many debates with self. I'm really leaning towards one of these, just can't swing the asking price. Crapola. By the way, love seeing allm the installs in this thread.
I don't know how much a hydraulic one would cost you in purchasing and installation costs, but these are easy to install and a good bang for the buck really.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks