• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Lubrication Level

ericp351

Hi all, I have a 1991 A2 with a poorly functioning winch. How much lubrication oil should be in the frame side of the winch reservoir? The Lubrication order is unclear of the oil capacity. It looks to me that this oil level should be quite high. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi all, I have a 1991 A2 with a poorly functioning winch. How much lubrication oil should be in the frame side of the winch reservoir? The Lubrication order is unclear of the oil capacity. It looks to me that this oil level should be quite high. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Capacities are listed in the -10.

Winch trucks hold 8 gallons in the tank
Dumps w/o w hold 5 gallons in the tank
Dumps w/w hold 6.25 gallons in the tank

Winch has 2.6 pints in the gear case.

ericp351

These have 2 "sumps", correct? Passenger side (hyd motor) and Drivers side (cross-shaft, etc). I did look over the Lube Order best I could. Do not see how cross shaft is lubed if oil level is not held high in drivers side. Thanks for any help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks