• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch mounting bolts for M35A2

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone told me that the bolts that attach the winch to the winch frame extensions are unique, and must be specially ordered. Is this the case? Where can I get the bolts, and what is the size of the bolts needed?

Chief1900

I just put one together last Friday. I got everything I needed at my local Fastenal store. Had to buy grade nine stuff, not to cheap. My local Lowes had most of the bolts, just not enough of them. As for being unique, not the case with mine. All standard size and thread.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought they were round head bolts, something like that. Grade 9? Is that better than Grade 8? Grade 8 is the heavy duty stuff, I doubt it needs stronger....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shoulder supports the pull so that there is no torsional stress on the case threads. You can certainly bolt one on with standard hardware but I'd not subject it to heavy or frequent pulls. I had one sapre set but DD spoke up and got them.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea where I can order a set of the correct size shouldered bolts, or will I have to go back to TNJ Murray and pull them from a junk truck?

DanMartin

IIRC there are a few different sizes too...they are not all the same size/length (both in bolt size and in length).

I've seen a few sets on ebay from time-to-time. See if you can find someone here with a busted winch...buy it for parts.

If you do decide to order them "special" from an online seller, might I suggest putting together some "kits"...buy enough for say 20-30 sets and sell them...might make enough to pay for your research and trouble figuring it out for the rest of us. :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine from White Owl. Used, but clean for 80 bucks.

bigbear83

Thanks for the quick replies I got in contact with white owl he said $9 each.. So maybe after Christmas haha.. Might hit the parts wanted forum see if somebody has a set laying around..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks