• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch mounting

MolderBrown

I just bought a LU-4 Braden winch for my M-37 . My problem is that I have NO IDEA how to mount it . I have the PTO box , the frame extenders , and the proper brackets , which I can put together , but that's all I know . I would appreciate very much someone taking me through the necessary procedure to mount this thing . My email address is molderbrown@gmail.com

Thanks ,

Dan

Jim Hunter

Is your winch working properly or does need any work before the install ?
Same goes for the PTO and the shaft.
Remove your non winch bumper.
Bolt the frame extensions to the chassis frame
Bolt the winch bumpers using hardware from your old bumper.
Get 6 bolts and washers to bolt the winch mounts to the frame
Source six longer studs to mount the PTO along with some gaskets to set the backslash of the gears
Prepare your shaft and buy some correct shear pins...
Then you have to bolt the level lock to the floor , the lever and the lever boot...

Maybe I miss something but in general this is it...

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks