• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch on M1009

cfish

Are there any provisions for mounting a winch to the CUCV m1009? If so, are they in the TM? What winch size would be appropriate for this vehicle?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are provisions but the Gov't and GM were not aware that they installed them. A framework could be fabricated that pins on where the lift shackles are! Easy on, easy off! No permanent truck mods and useful. My opinion is that a CUCV should have no less than an 8000# winch.

rnd-motorsports

If your truck is still set up with the 24 volt starter then the jumper socket will be 24 volts you can change the leads that supply the jumper socket and put on the front battery and then use it !

Oldsouthernboy

I installed a Hummer hydralic take off winch rated at 10,500 Powered off the power steering pump. I used the shackle mounts as a base of the mount and the hummer mounting plate to hold the winch. works like like a charm now I need a excuse to get stuck.

Hogg

If you're looking for ideas check out Simoncrks avatar, he built a mount and used the lifting shackles to bolt to.... Works really well and looks good too

I built a mount that fit into the brush guard,. I used a 12k warn winch, It made the front of the truck seem heavier and handle funny. So I took it off. then mounted a old rear hitch up front between the tow points and the lower part of brush guard, That way i could keep the front weight down and put the winch up front wen ever I went Wheeling.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could always source a 28V HMMWV winch and just pipe it right into the exhisting slave port..