• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch/PTO gear ratio, and multi fuel engine heater Question

Edward Stephens

I just scored a M54 to use on the farm and in the woodlot. It does not have a winch, I am going to add a PTO and winch. What is the ratio on the pto? I have a 5 direct transmission. The reason I ask is that I may use the winch pto to run a water pump for a while and then install the winch when my project is completed. I dont want to use the accessory drive pto because I am cheap and the pump needs to be mounted topside.

My truck has a multifuel engine and I would like to add a 120v engine heater, either an internal one or a heater hose model. Have any of the members got a favorite heater? This will end up being the "Man we are stuck bad, go get the big one" truck.

And lastly thanks for all the shared knowledge on here, I have done tons of reading on SS before buying my truck, I needed a cheap tough truck to spray cutover pine land as part of my reforestation plan. 6x6 for $3000 cannot be beat/ :beer:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only have the 5ton PTO but no 5ton transmission to count gear teeth.

Anyone knowing, for this 5th direct tranny: 1) input to (driven)counter gear ratio; 2) 2nd speed countergear to reverse idler gear; 3) tooth count on reverse idler gear (that's easy, with the PTO off).......???????

G.

wbv

I added a transfer case pto and (if I remember correctly) running in 4th gear was 1:1 with the engine. Not sure about the front pto.

wbv