• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch PTO...How tight?

jime

Just received a winch Pto and it is VERY difficult to shift between positions. In fact, I can't get it to move at all unless I back off the bolt retaining the spring and detent ball. I realize that under normal use these parts are bathed in gear oil and that will aid in shifting, but it wont move at all now. I could shorten she spring. Any clues on how tight it should be? It is not installed.

Tackettr

I had the same problem with mine. Does yours have a copper washer or 2 under the nut?

Try taking it off and just using Teflon tape to seal the threads. I know this sounds crazy, because instinct tells you to move the nut out or shorten the spring. I did both and same results.

What was happening on mine was the ball was moving too much to the side and jamming against the housing. Moving the nut inwards with no washer kept this from happening. Hope this works for you as well.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They shift pretty stiff anyway. My uncle has a deuce and has had a stroke. I cut his spring off because he was having trouble shifting the PTO lever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks