• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Questions/Problem

wiseco

OK, have a question regarding the winch. Search brought up a plethora of results none of which i could find answered my problem. When the pto is engaged, i can see the driveshaft going into the winch spinning but the winch does nothing. The drum lock works and the winch clutch in and out lever moves but i get the same result no matter what position it is in. Anyone else have this problem, and is it a fairly easy problem to fix?

Thanks in advance for any help!

wiseco

I will check the shear pin, (I did buy some extras). I didnt initially check it as I assumed that if the pin was sheared then the shaft would not be spinning at the winch end?? Is this a fair assumption? I will check it when i get home tonight though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shearpin is at the winch end of the pto shaft. So, when the pin shears, the pto shaft still turns, it just does not drive the winch input shaft stub. Take a look at T M 9 - 2 3 2 0 - 3 6 1 - 2 0

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shear pin "connects" the drive shaft (that comes off the PTO itself) to the winch "input" shaft. When the shear pin breaks, the shaft drive shaft will spin, but the input shaft wont.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks