• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Questions

mtech

I have been researching adding a winch to my '72 AMG M35a2c for several months. Looking through TMs, and the forums. Many great articles and useful information. Many of you seem to have done this with out a great deal of trouble. I still need the winch, been looking for the best deal. Have pto driveshaft off an MFT, plan on ordering frame extensions and PTO from Saturn or Memphis, who ever has the stock. Any suggestions on winches reasonable and close to Iowa? How about the brackets that mount to the end caps of the winch? Does anyone have the name plate data for the Garwood winch? and PTO? Were there other brand winches used for the '72 truck. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

mtech

Westfolk,

Thanks for the info, checked their prices, seems almost to good to be true compared to most I've seen. Have you bought from them? Did you pick it up or have it shipped?

OpieNoTool

Re: RE: Winch Questions

emmado22 said:
Some people on this board say you should go there and pick out your items... very good advice.
I got my winch from there. My dad actualy picked it up on one of his hauls and had to dig through a whole pile to find a good one.

westfolk

RE: Re: RE: Winch Questions

Good point there Josh. That is why it is best if you go get it yourself. Then you know what you have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks