• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch rebuild and parts.

SrpntHntr

I sure wish it'd warm up so I could do something besides think of ways to spend money in the shop. On my 1985 M35 the front winch will hold oil only slightly longer than it takes me to pour it in. Unit functions under light loads and short runs but I don't want to run it long with just some dribblings on the gears. Who offers parts for those winches? Without tearing it down I'll hope that it only needs seals.

The winch appears to be an afterthought on my truck which was originally an ANG truck, then spent some time at a fire dept. until she crossed the country to be my trash truck/Wal Mart runner. There is a data plate on the winch with some ugly paint and goo on it but I think I have a possible shot at getting some numbers off of it with the latest FBI CSI technology and some degreaser. Several of you were kind enough to send me pics of your stock winches and it outwardly appears to be the same except mine is missing the sideguards that bolt to the winch face (anyone have a pair of the guards they'd like to part with?) Winch info appreciated. Thanx

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks