• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Setup

7mmTCU

Spending quite a bit of time looking for a winch setup to convert my non winch but have not really had any success. Posted on a couple in the classified but those don't seem to be an option for one reason or another.
Can anyone point me in a direction to look for a kit?
Thanks
Dean

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am going to look at a deuce next week that (according to the owner) is only good for parts......he said it has been sitting for a long time.

It is a winch truck so if I part it out I'll give you first shot at it.

broman78

I just finished put a winch on, I will tell you make sure you have a good picture so you can figure out to put it back on. It isn't hard just have to use a little common sense. Try not to do the install in the summer heat.

7mmTCU

Wreckerman,
Thanks! I have gotten a lot of responses. This is really a great site. If I settle on one of these others before I hear from you, I'll let you know so as not to waste your time.

Everyone else,
Thanks for the responses and advice!

All the best,
Dean

I am going to look at a deuce next week that (according to the owner) is only good for parts......he said it has been sitting for a long time.

It is a winch truck so if I part it out I'll give you first shot at it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 94% of one and I'm within driving distance. Missing the shift data plate on the tranny hump, the hinge gate and the driveshaft. I have a gasser driveshaft which will work but you will need to clearance the bellhousing a bit. Best of all, it can be all yours for $650.

frodobaggins

I have 94% of one and I'm within driving distance. Missing the shift data plate on the tranny hump, the hinge gate and the driveshaft. I have a gasser driveshaft which will work but you will need to clearance the bellhousing a bit. Best of all, it can be all yours for $650.

Buy this one, now ! :)

mcmullag

Gaw-lee

Gee wiz, I got me a non winch deuce bout
two years ago but wanted a winch truck reel bad like
and then there waited two years to buy one at auction on GL.
You there reply fellers sure are nice about all dis cheer fellas request.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
7mmTCU is headed back to his AO with all of the deuce winch stuff in the back of his vehicle. Dean is was nice to meet you and thanks for the business. The SS express is at it again. Dean was nice enough to bring a few pocket size parts from Brooksville over here for me free of charge. Man, I love this place.

7mmTCU

Just wanted to say thanks again to Kenny for helping me get the winch package together. He went way over anything I could have expected in making sure I had all the parts and information necessary to install the winch.
Even set me up with some other parts I needed.

He is a top shelf guy! [thumbzup]

Now the fun starts putting it all together.

I hope I can be as helpful to others as he was to me. This is a great group to be part of.

All the best,

Dean