• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch shear pin

spicergear

rdixiemiller said:
I agree. The truck should have had a winch with 25K# capacity to be able to self recover in a sticky situation. Of course that would have been more expensive and heavier, so I guess it was a compromise.
This is the fun part of owning/building these trucks is not having to compromise like a contract build may have done. I run two deuce 10K winches on my M715, two 5 ton truck 20K winches on my M35A2...these trucks are platforms for you to expand from-

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
im not sure if this pertains to the front or rear winches, but in tm 9-2320-361-20, on page 1-24, section 1-13, there is descriptions of locations for nomencleature on the drivers inside door. there is a winch load chart. it gives max loads with certain amounts of cable on the drum. according to this, having the cable out to what looks to me in the picture as one layer left ont he drum, the winch will pull 14,000lbs with out breaking a shear pin in a single line pull.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That load winch chart is for the M764 polesetter rear winch. It carries some 700 feet of 1/2" cable on the drum. This brings up a good point worth mentioning again. Lots of cable on the drum really decreases the winch capacity. You will get most pulling power when only one layer of cable is on the drum.

Firehound

This is the fun part of owning/building these trucks is not having to compromise like a contract build may have done. I run two deuce 10K winches on my M715, two 5 ton truck 20K winches on my M35A2...these trucks are platforms for you to expand from-
How did you attach the 5 ton winches to the M35?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Aapparently it, the above, the attachments, were not even viewed.
Looks like if I want to show something then I gotta put it on Youtube, facebook, zippos, or direct to their phone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks