• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch swap from amg to harsco

fpchief

I have been reading that there are some differences in the winch installation between the two models, not sure what but some difference. Question is, are the differences too great to buy winch off amg 925 and install on a 91 harsco 923?

Thanks for any help.

dikwks

That is exactly what I am doing with two five tons. It looks like the differences may be with the control towers inside the truck and the length of the cables. Fortunately I am using the cab from the older model including the doghouse so those issues should be ok. If you can, get the doghouse and the control towers from the 925.

dikwks

Sorry. The bolt in part in the center of the cab against the firewall. They are different in the A2 because of the different engine.

Gunzy

I have done this swap. There are only 2 things different. The control box on the fire wall and the length of the PTO to pump driveshaft. Everything else is the same.

Gunzy

Me and Gunzy swapped control boxes and driveshafts. The m925 and A1 use a shorter pto driveshaft than the A2s
He actually made it easy for me. I recommend trying to find someone to trade with then the only costs are shipping.

tim410

Ok so i just bought a m925A2 so i van pull winch off and put on my m923a1.It looks like i will need a different driveshaft or a modified one and a different control box on firewall. Can i make the box work? And can i lengthen the cables? Im getting the truck delivered tuesday so i can start the swap.

Ddmk18

I am sure you could have a driveshaft shop shorten the shaft. The cables surprisingly are the same. Then you'll have to modify something to make control box work or swap someone.

dikwks

Ok so i just bought a m925A2 so i van pull winch off and put on my m923a1.It looks like i will need a different driveshaft or a modified one and a different control box on firewall. Can i make the box work? And can i lengthen the cables? Im getting the truck delivered tuesday so i can start the swap.
So you and I should get together on the shafts. I need yours and you need mine. What kind of a time line are you looking at? I'm out of town at the moment but should be home in about three weeks or so.

tim410

Ok thats not a big deal. I was hoping to have winch working by rausch creek event early october but i didnt need it last time so hope i dont need it this time.

tim410

86m1028. I will have everything off of the A2 truck next week so i will let you know when i have control box off. Does anyone have a side by side picture or picture of each control box so i can see the differences?

86m1028

86m1028. I will have everything off of the A2 truck next week so i will let you know when i have control box off. Does anyone have a side by side picture or picture of each control box so i can see the differences?
I already have mine all apart, might not help but I'll get some pics tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks