• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch with underbody protection kit questions

MAXJEEP

I recently bought an underbody protection kit for my M998A1. The kit is for a M998 with a winch. Is their a specific winch I need to use when installing this kit? I have read their is a Mile Marker hydrolic and a Warren electric. Just want to make sure what I buy works. I would also welcome recommendations. I have upgraded to 200 amp dual voltage alternator also. My next question is are front and rear hydrolic Mile Marker winches the same? I have a friend with a new take off rear Winch he is not using. I could get that and buy lines, brackets and mounts to put it on front if a rear winch will work mounted in front with front brackets and all that will work with my under body protection kit. Thanks for any help

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It corresponds perfectly with the mile marker winch cradle. The front piece bolts up to the cradle/bracket and the the c cross member with no skid plate needed. Skid plate is for non winch trucks. Need pics, check my thread Juan's M998

Not sure if the warn is the same set up as I have not seen one of those close up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks