• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch

wrecker

Just got home from picking up a winch that was supposed to be an LU-4. Turns out it's a Gama Goat winch. I got a good deal but don't know much about it. What is the rating, etc. Thought someone here would know. Thanks.

frenchman

depent on wath's there how complete it is and wath condition it is in the grease or rusted pto ? drive shaft ? a picture if possible would help set the price from 200 to 800 dollars
frenchman

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is a winch "KIT"-NOS- the retail value now days is $1200....$1500.00 as the complete kits are not easy to find!!!!!!!! as for take off parts they vary with condition.

Brackets and small parts are hard used,but winches themselves are around. popacom / BILL in KY>:driver:

wrecker

After letting this thing sit for a couple months, I've decided to take a closer look. I need some idea of how it operates. The driveshaft won't turn by hand and there appears to be a selector on the driver's side that won't turn either. I'll see if I can get some pics, but a simple "it should turn by hand" or some other advice will help me determine if I need to open it up or not. Thanks, Bill

no1_macleod

forgot to ask, what where you going to mount the winch on.? A LU-4 goes on a 715 and is alot more beefer than the goat, even though they are rated the same.

wrecker

Sorry for the long delay. I'm not mounting it on anything, just want to make sure I know what I have before offering it for sale. I don't want to mislead anyone or let go of it for 1/4 it's value either. I am looking for an LU4 for my M715.