• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window and Seal replacement

USAWEAPON777

Hey guys, well after my last offroad adventure I lost a window. I got out of the truck shut the door, and heard the sound of shattering glass. While working on the door I see that all the weatherstripping is shot. I'm debating whether or not its even worth to do it. We have a ton of old chevs at the local pick and pull and I bet I could find a door in good shape. For 30 dollars I can have a door with the window. I'm looking through the lmc catalog and its like 75 dollars just to replace all the rubber weatherstripping on 1 door! What would you guys recommend, bite the bullet and buy all the weatherstripping or just go to the pick and pull and try to find a door with a window and still good rubber?

caladin

Well pick and pull would be cheeper but I can never seem to find anything of quality when ?I go to the junkyard for weatherstripping.

USAWEAPON777

Yea, well I think I'm going to just order the weatherstripping. Turns out lmc has a bundle that is the entire window channel kit and window seal kit for $100. Lol, who wants to come to the yard with me for a window.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks