• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window "splay"

bomar76

OK, have the deuce pretty well buttoned up now that we sealed firewall and installed new weather stripping around passenger window glass....but...

The windows on both sides of truck splay outward at the top, so they really don't seal too well. Went through the TM on glass replacement and there is no mention I saw of any way to adjust the glass in at the top.

Anyone try to do it?
Should be some way to shim it some.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose you could elongate the holes in the top track and move the top of the winshield in a bit. Just thinking aloud!

ajg6989

I hate deuce side windows they really are not designed mechanic friendly. I cant get mine to roll up any more except by hand the handle just spins. I tried taking all the screws out to get it down it did nothing window would still not come down.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my driver's side the guides are worn and that makes the window stick and or go up/down unevenly.
I know I need the guides, but always forget them (until I'm on the road and get a (un)friendly reminder, he he).

Bjorn

Loose Deuce

Let us know how it works out, I need to do mine someday. Mine has gaps also but believe it or not she dont leak setting or rolling in the rain, probably a different story in a bad storm though. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks