• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windows on a deuce

randyscycle

Need a bit more info, but:

The clips may have come off the regulator to the frame.

The regulator gear may have no teeth left on it.

The crank handle splines may be worn out completely.

The glass may be non-existent.......

Pitbike94

Sry didnt mean to make it so bright!!!!!!

And im lookin at this truck that this is on and i want to make sure the problems arent tht bad like the windshield wipers dont work and the windows dont roll up!!!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wipers need air...are the tanks charged? The windows are anyones best guess, you need to pull the cover on the inside of the door and watch what moves (or doesn't) when you try to turn the handle. btw, do the handles turn?

Barrman

The door windows are very simple mechanical items. Same with the front windshield parts. Actually, the entire trucks are pretty simple mechanical items. What we have been trying to say is not to worry about the simple things that have nothing to do with getting down the road. Worry about them after you have all the important mechanical stuff checked and working correctly.

My last M35 traveled 400 miles and waited 2 weeks before I got around to figuring out why the drivers windshield wouldn't close. Brake fluid, coolant, engine oil, all the other fluids and tires were checked before the truck moved an inch however. Plus, it was hot out and I needed the extra air.

Barrman

Oh, forgot to add that grease is your friend with the door window mechanism. I took my Gasser doors all the way down to just the shell, cleaned everything up and put it all back together with large amount of grease on the moving parts. Now a year later those windows still move with just a finger pushing on them.

You are only a 3 or 4 hour drive down 21 from me. Come on over some weekend.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
most likely the clip. I cut a hole with a hole saw just to get to it. A flex mirror will help. a good flash light too. The clip pops off and the regulator arms will bind. I found mine bent /warped. used small pipe wrenches to bend them slightly. greased everything good and put the clip back on. I covered the hole with a 4" electrical box cover. Heres a pic ( not very good) of the clip. It`s about as big as a quarter. might be lying in the bottom of the door when you pull the panel.

Attachments

pa.rich

I agree with Gimp, thats minor stuff. I had a broken one in mine and it was cheaper to just replace the entire door than buy the glass and other misc. parts that were bad. $85.00 for the whole door with good glass and they even put on a new latch . Depends how close you are to a good parts yard. Buy it anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks