• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

windows theme

phataux

so im wondering what it would take to to get a windows theme thats the same at the SS theme i want my whole computer to look like this all the time but have no idea how to do it or where to start ..... orange font and OD background anyone else?

Chevytruck

Windows XP
right click and hit properties
most of the settings are in there

Vista is a little more complex
Right click and hit personalize

and the options could be in themes... I'm not sure. I don't like to mess with my themes, i keep my at default due to the vast amount of computers i got to use. :roll:

Elwenil

Someone would have to change the settings and then save the theme, then it could be traded around on the 'Net. Someone just has to do the tedious work first, lol. There are about 18 different parts of the various windows that would have to be re-colored and then any icon, font, font color, desktop and sound changes to make a complete theme. I used to make a few for Windows 98 back when it was something new to do and people traded them often. The sites that shared them started charging money or adding all sorts of adware and spyware into the downloads and that pretty much killed off the themes.

Elwenil

If you are running Win XP and want something easy to do that will get rid of all the blue and be a little cooler, go to your desktop, right click and go to Properties. Click the Appearance tab and you should see three drop-down menus, "Windows and Buttons", "Color Scheme" and "Font Size". Make sure "windows and Buttons" is set to "Windows XP Style" and then go to the "Color Scheme" drop-down menu and select "Olive Green". It may take a minute to load up depending on your system and in the meantime the screen with go black and white except for a colored box in the center. When it comes back up all the window frame will be shades of a light olive green. It's not exactly OD green, but it's better than that royal blue color everywhere.

phataux

well i did it and your right its no od green but its better than electric blue. thanks if you ever feel like making a theme i would love a pm for the download for some reason i love this od green and orange

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks