• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield Cowl and Paint

swhpaz

I recently received my rubber windshield cowl (sp?) and am not quite sure how to put it in. Its long enough to go across both sides of the windshield. Do I cut it or run it all the way across? The one that is in there is so rotted I can't tell if it was one or two pieces originally. Also, slanted lip up or down?

Also I have received other military parts, air-o-matic, new wiper motor, windshield frames, etc. that are all painted the same od green. Does anyone know what color od green that is? Is it a 383 variant or a specific green for parts?

Thanks!!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, when I swapped my windshield frame out, I had some rubber insulation strips handy and used that. I guess you found the "correct" gasket to install? Mind posting a pic? My original gasket was in bad condition too. I would like to see what is supposed to go back in there. I believe 383 is the color code for carc green paint.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got this same problem. My old seal looked to be just a flat piece of rubber but this new seal has a "lip" on one edge. I'm thinking the lip goes along the outside edge to direct the water away from the joint but I don't know for sure. I'm also thinking I'm going to need some type of adhesive to hold the seal in place.

badgmc56

3M makes a product called Weatherstrip Adhesive. This works very well for rubber weatherstrip. It comes black or yellow in a tube. Follow instructions on the tube to get best results.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The question has probably already been answered, but I'm confused. If you are talking about the weatherstrip on the body that the upper part of the windshield frame seals against, it has to be in two pieces since the center post would interfere if it was one piece. Maybe I'm missing something.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The question has probably already been answered, but I'm confused. If you are talking about the weatherstrip on the body that the upper part of the windshield frame seals against, it has to be in two pieces since the center post would interfere if it was one piece. Maybe I'm missing something.
We are talking about the complete windshield frame (the part that holds both windshields and can be folded down against the hood). The seal is all in one piece.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks