• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield dimensions??

joshs1ofakindxj

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!

The link above will give you glass dimensions for an older deuce M135/M211.

They are not the same as the M35!!!

Now I have two pieces of new windshield glass for an older deuce that do me NO good.

#%*^$%*^#%(#@*&^&#*^@(#^@$)@)#^@*!

Does anyone know M35 windshield dimensions?

I'm measuring 26-7/8" by 16-5/8" from the frame and that is leaving some wiggle room for rubber.

Last edited:

jerseyjeep2003

26 7/8 x 16 5/8 is correct, just go a little to the minus side on the 16 5/8 ( maybe 1/32 smaller), I had my new glass cut to those dimensions and it was real tight getting the top bar on. I had to use new frames, as I found the only thing holding the old ones together was the 12 coats of paint.

EWhytsell

26 7/8 x 16 5/8 is correct, just go a little to the minus side on the 16 5/8 ( maybe 1/32 smaller), I had my new glass cut to those dimensions and it was real tight getting the top bar on. I had to use new frames, as I found the only thing holding the old ones together was the 12 coats of paint.

^this very easy replacement, but I was able to get all the bolts/screws removed without issue.

willy

They are for sale at Ebay
I found it cost as much for just the glass as it cost to buy new in box
with all new metal and rubber
He has 16000 off them
Willy

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inner WS assy, ebay?

So far I haven't seen them for less than $149 + shp, ea. ???

G.

They are for sale at Ebay
I found it cost as much for just the glass as it cost to buy new in box
with all new metal and rubber
He has 16000 off them
Willy

Last edited:

joshs1ofakindxj

I got a piece of glass cut today locally to the 26-7/8 x 16-5/8 and it cost $28. Worked perfect. I sand blasted and painted my old frames and used a $11 caulking tube of oderless black silicone to seal it up. It was messy but it works!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you guys buying regular glass or DOT approved safety glass?

Flyingvan911

I got DOT safety glass from my local Safelite for $25 a piece. It has a slight blue tint. They were out of the clear flat glass. They liked that I was putting it in a deuce. I had to put a bunch of POR 15 on my frames. They were badly rusted too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks