• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield replacement

kentuckycucv

I have a big crack in my windshield. My insurance will cover it. So What options are available (OR NOT) in windshields are. Antenna in windshield, No antenna, and a tinted strip at the top. One place had the antenna and tinted strip ONLY. I also read a post that was talking about an antenna hook up under the dash. so if I get the antenna in the windshield I wont be able to use it without that cable hookup part. I have a stereo to put in that I haven't gotten around to yet.
What should I get. ( PART NUMBER DW 00848 GBNN)

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two choices, both cheap. Last one I put in my M1008 was $125 for the glass and install and extra for new rubber. I think the total was $200. So really not even worth going for insurance as you deductible would be at least that much or more.

One with the antenna (will require the antenna connector at time of install)
One without the antenna
All of them have the tint strip at the top.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No deductible for glass...

Ask your local auto glass supplier what is available.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last one I did was under $65 delivered, it was a blem(the antenna wire has a slight dip in it).

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just so you will know, the LMC replacement windshield rubber is too large. Search for OEM instead. I threw my new LMC rubber in the dumpster.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why don't you just let your insurance company handle all this?

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my windshield replaced on my M1009. I went with the one with tint along the top and the antenna embedded in the glass.

forest522

Safelite did my replacement. It was under 200...I supplied the rubber from LMC. It was standard tint strip on top and no antennae.

Then we moved to NM, on the way bam, rock chip in the corner that grew three inches...can't fix those. Time for a new windshield again!! The new quote, oddly enough, is for 180 installed with new rubber that they supply (a locally owned shop). Crazy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks