• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield washer container replacement ideas

Snowtiger

First thing I hope this is posted correctly, what I was going to ask all you inventors here. What have been some of the ideas floated around about upgrading the washer container or the entire system I would say there must be some better ideas than this.
image.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
24v systems are on fleabay and amazon for about 30$

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

tbar123

I had a problem with mine blowing fluid out of the top, and replaced it with a new jug(same original equipment) But because I didn't have any washer fluid I filled it with water and worked fine. So The next day I filled it with washer fluid and it still blows out the top. Seriously why will it push water fine, but not washer fluid?

74M35A2

Mine does the same thing as pictured. Blows the ring off the top. I'd like to retain the original system vs go to a pump, but it would be really nice if it could be made to hold and use a 1 gallon washer fluid bottle directly. No filling, just change it out. The top flies off because of the large surface area of it vs the air pressure. With a small cap top, this will not be an issue. Just have not gotten to it yet, but basically open up the stock bracket to hold a 1 gallon jug, and then modify a cap to hold the 2 hoses. Put an over-pressure relief on a 3rd cap line, similar to what the stock lid has but mount it remote to make the cap smaller (be able to use a 1 gallon jug cap).

tbar123

With the new jug, My lid doesn't blow off anymore, But it still blows bubbles through the vent in the center of the cap. I've taken the nozzles off and blew shop air both ways to make sure the line is clear and it is. Just confusing!

74M35A2

When you had water in the jug it was probably emptier. With solvent in the jug, I'm guessing it was more full and the pressure could rise much quicker and faster.

99nouns

Sir please dont make fun of my higly complicated over engineered badly designed equipment please.

My mayo jug had the rubber hose nipple is on the top of the lid and stupid hood crushed it, why couldnt the engineer couldnt put a elbow there, I mean I know drafting takes time but just a simple elbow...

Is that a mayo jar?

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
This one comes with a holder you can mount and will keep your windshield washer fluid warm in the winter.
I saw someone use one as a antifreeze over flow bottle on a jeep rat rod.
297664_ts.jpg

jarhead1086

I also had issues with the over pressurization and leaking. I changed the dash switch. It is a common civy hd part. The knob is military but the civy version I picked up looks very similar to the round windshield wiper knobs of the 2nd generation.

Haldex makes the rm2000001:
https://www.haldex.com/en/na/air-wiper-motors/air-control-valves/sprague-compatible/rm2000001/
I just got the new washer bottle assembly from Fuzzytoaster. Verified all the delivery lines were clean and clear including the jets. My old washer switch was leaking air so I replaced it with a new switch which fixed the leak. The problem now is that pressure in equals pressure out of the switch. I would assume the switch would regulate the pressure down. (I have a different looking switch, not this Haldex) I looked at your link and saw no mention of pressures or pressure regulation. Are you blasting the bottle with 90 psi with the Haldex switch? I don't want my new bottle to end up like my old one. I pitched my old leaking switch so I can't compare.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the pressure off hand but I don't think it is that high. All I did is change the switch,, there is no pressure regulator or anything like that.

74M35A2

I have not checked the airflow diagram, but I'd guess the pressure regulation is a simplistic small orifice at the valve. Bottle has over-protection via a porous disc.

jarhead1086

My old porous disk was no longer porous because it was never cleaned. Learn the hard way again. When the switch failed allowing high pressure it blew my lid off and stripped the threads on the ring. The new bottle works great venting. I'll find where the pressure regulation is failing. Need this to pass safety of course. Thanks.

I'd rather change wheel bearings than mess around under and through the dash. Air and electron problems can be as irritating as my Ex wife.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks