• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield washer fluid surprise!

rcflyer70

I've been working to get everything in my M915A1 working correctly so I can use it to take my CDL driving test (plus I like all of my military vehicles to have everything working). I'm down to the low air pressure buzzer not working - ordered off ebay today for $9.00 shipped.
The only fluid I hadn't topped off was the windshield wiper fluid located in the cab. My son got me a new gallon jug of fluid, I filled it, and attempted to use it - here is the surprise... Just as the fluid started coming out onto the windshields, I heard a loud BOOM and then was covered in washer fluid (the boom was loud enough to make both my labs jump - my son just stared at me, then of coarse laughed). Apparently the vent on top of the jug was plugged which didn't allow the excess air out. I learned a valuable lesson about checking the simple stuff.

Now I have to find a replacement top to the washer fluid container. I haven't been able to locate any on the web but I did see them on GL. Anyone know where I can find one? NSN 2540013124719 - complete kit or NSN 2540011553384 - container top.

Brian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks