• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield Wiper Problem

dia615

OK so we have a windshield wiper problem that, after searching and scouring the TM's we just can't figure out. So the Windshield wipers were only working in low speed, no high, no washer pump..so we got a new motor and it began working..somewhat. We were able to get low speed wipers (still no high speed) and the washer pump to work...for about two weeks. Now we have nothing! Test light did show we have power...also the linkage is good, greased and not jammed at all. We traced the wiring into the block on the firewall and jiggled the purple, black and white wires and got momentary function then it stopped. The wiring block on the firewall is grimy...can/should we cut the wires and somehow wire the motor directly? Is there a way to remove that block? Any info is greatly appreciated...thanks!

I have included pictures of the "wiring block" on the firewall...Also as you can tell from the pics we bypassed the three capacators because we thought that might have been the problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

boomer431

Try temporarally bypassing the block you can always go back and reconnect the original wiring . Sounds like you have a bad connectoin in the block . Also make sure the motor is grounded well . This is the wire under the mounting bolt. You can run a jumper from the neg side of the battery to the motor { clean off the paint)

jimm1009

Those three capacitors are used for noise filtering when the military radios are installed.
You don't need them for anything unless you will be installing some sort of military radio that is sensitive to RF noise.

jimm1009

chevyrac66

I had similer problems from those capicators... I replaces um with a set from a different truck but I'm glad to hear that I can bypass those if needed Jimm1009! Good Luck!!

btrapr

my recently purchased M1008 does nothing...no wipers or washer fluid...REALLY hope its not in the column

I need to look into getting mine fixed

Good luck!

Just curious... can the plug be removed?

If it could, you could soak it in a cup of vinegar and salt. I just used this mixture on my dash bulbs/connectors/panel and they came out sparking clean. My dash lights were dull/not bright and this helped the clean the connections.

dia615

Ok so we got everything working perfectly...how we got it working is another story...We hooked everything up properly without running new wires, regreased with diaelectric grease replaced and fluid resevour, and gave the motor a whack with a set of channel lock pliers and it started to work!! They now work on all speeds hi/low/fluid and return to park position. The motor came with the truck and its definitely new, we just arent sure why its working now or how long it will last..hahaha