• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshields - Wipers - Spray motor

Hoxman

Help is needed again..... (Shocker)..

My soft top is leaking and needs to be replaced.. What are the pros and cons to going hard top over soft top?

Also, I'm getting rain in through the top center of the driver's windshield and the gaskets are not fully seating and the wiper blades need to be replaced and the windshield washer spray is not working (yes, the reservoir is full).. :)

I tried calling Memphis Equip. but they didn't have any of the parts in stock..

Where else can I go for the replacements????

Thanks!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Cleptomaniac

The best thing to do on the wipers is to put civi on! If you want oe you can pm me and I can send you some I have laying around.
I personally like a hard top! That is what I have put on both of my deuces. I think all the trucks leak when it rains!!

wsucougarx

Well, there really arent pros going hardtop over a soft top...to me anyways. The hardtop may cut down on some noise but not by much. I notice no temp difference between the two in the winter. The advantage of a soft top: quick removal for summer driving, ring mount friendly, more headroom, doesn't rust, and I don't get all the condensation issues compared to the HT. All in all, I would rather have a soft top.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What noise would you hear? It is the manual pump version isn't it? I just went through one for a member earlier this year and you just pump it by hand until it sprays. Of course it is entirely possible there is an electric pump version I don't know about.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WAITAMINNIT!!! We have a windshield washer???? I've had my A2 for almost 4 years now and have never heard such!!!! Are y'all yanking the proverbial chain???? I've never even seen a reservoir.

AceHigh

Ken, you ain't got one? You got ripped!

Actually the A3s come with a standard unit, a lot of the A2s had them added at the unit level. Simple manual lever pump.

There may be one for sale on an e-auction site as we speak.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks