• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

windshields

Hey, you're very welcome. If they say they can not cut to size then here is a tip.

Measure the outside dimensions and then mark with a Sharpie. Place duct tape and some 90 lb. felt along the "cut" line. Use a high power sandblaster to "cut'" through the glass at the edge of the tape and felt. Run a DA or a grinder along the edges to round them.

This is the way we used to cut windshields and window glass for "Chop Top" cars. Yeah, I'm an old custom car guy. Jeez, I am so old.............:roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I bought complete windshield assemblies from CSI in Atlanta for about $140 each. New glass, frame and weatherstripping.

Thsi is about the best price I have found but I should add I didn't have to pay for shipping.

Lex_Ordo

I replaced my Duece glass upon delivery too. My glass frames were totally rotted, and the glass had cracks.

I bought complete winshield glass assemblies from ODIron.com I think the price was $169 each. They came complete with attaching hinge, weather stripping, frame, and window lock to secure the glass assembly to the Windshield Frame. It was a quick swap out.

I then bought new angle hinges to replace the old bent ones that came on the truck. These are the pieces that allow the window to articulate forward and lock in the open position. They came in a box of four from Saturn Surplus.

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought complete windshield assemblies from CSI in Atlanta for about $140 each. New glass, frame and weatherstripping.

Thsi is about the best price I have found but I should add I didn't have to pay for shipping.
Clinto, do you have a link for CSI?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

OldDominionIron2

Just replaced the windshield glass and weatherstripping on my 1966 M35A2. The glass was from a local auto glass shop, $82 total for both pieces. Rubber weatherstripping was from Saturn Surplus and was relatively easy to install (use a water/dishwashing liquid mix to make it easier). I don't know if they are made long, and I don't think I was stretching the rubber, but I had to trim a little off the ends.

Just a little additional info on a thread that came up on a search result for windshields (rather than start a new thread).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks