• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winner or loser

nineyards

well I am the winner ...of what I don't know yet ...for sure it is a 1986 M923A1 5 ton and it starts with a jump. Hello Steel Soldiers I am here from north west Canada visiting my son and family in Indiana and have been a follower of your site for awhile I figured out how to bid on G.L. .This has bin a dream of mine for a long time (not the bidding part). Hopefully it goes well I have know idea what happens next or how to get it insured and into Canada ,I can ship it because it is close to Vancouver but I would like to know if there is anyone in Washington state that I could seek out to go over the rig private or business?. And I think the folks at G.L. will point me in the right direction for paper work problems (I hope anyways) And to all the for sale adds I responded to on this site I am still interested but now I have this truck as part trade.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]

Lot #:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lot Location:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Lot Title[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]8660[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]WA, Yakima[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]1986 AM General M923A1 5-Ton Cargo Truck w/ a 14 Foot Dropside Cargo Body

Approximate Dim. or Lot Cube: 310.00" x 96.00" x 121.00" (L x W x H)

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]FSC:[/SIZE]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]NSN Number:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Units:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Description:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]1.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]2320[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]2320010502084[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]1 EA[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]TRUCK,CARGO [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm,

I'm not sure where to start on this one...

1. Search "insurance", but you'll have a time since most insurance threads here for for the US.
2. Search exporting, this is going to be a big issue for you.
3. You can request a transport request under the transportation forum, but I'd advise that only AFTER you've got the exporting done.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually an EUC is not required correct? So I don't think exporting is an issue.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you learn something new every day. I'd call one of the exporters and ask questions. CSI, Eastern etc.

162tcat

Did you or anyone else inspect this truck? Buying your first truck sight unseen is a recipe for disaster especially when you factor in the export process. "Starts with a jump" can mean a lot of things.
I'm almost positive you need a title to get it into canada. To get a title, you have to apply for an SF97 which can take a while. You may have to have your family in Indiana title it then do the export to Canada after that. You have a limited time to remove it from the GL lot so you need to find a place to store it in the mean time while you figure that out.

Good luck and PM me if you need assistance. I'm in western WA and will help out it I can.

nineyards

Hey thanks ... And I know I bought into a bit of grief but if it was easy every one would do it. In my mind (along with all the voices) the motor running has to be worth 1500 paid 3300.00 gl"s commission included

elkhtr

I have a place you can park it while you wait for your sf-97.
We are about an hour and a half south of the border 15 minutes off I-5.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey thanks ... And I know I bought into a bit of grief but if it was easy every one would do it. In my mind (along with all the voices) the motor running has to be worth 1500 paid 3300.00 gl"s commission included
Did you also consider import taxes, shipping, exc? That $3300 is likely to nearly double...

nineyards

Well I'm old ,stubborn , forgetfully and I know I won't live long enough to learn by mistakes but even at 6500,00 these pieces sell for 12.000 and up in the snow belt what I need is a snow blower on the front for a run of the river hydro project up there . I'm going to stay positive and keep opening the wallet thankyou so much for your advice

KsM715

Good luck with your adventure.

If I were you, I'd start looking into the exporting part myself. Do not count on GL to help you out with any of that part. They will give you the paid invoice and say "get it out of our yard"

nineyards

I would like to thank all who have helped so far ... From the girls at GL to Lawny at GL ( hope that's spelt right )and the us Seargents at the training base in yakima and Cerrell Crane heavy haul company standing by incase assistance is needed in Yakima and the offers of storage from members on this site. I am presently in yakima waiting for a bus out to the training base to take possession of a M932A1 starts with a jump truck . I will keep you posted

nineyards

It was better than hoped it started right up with a 3 sec. Shot of ether no jump needed and climed up a snow covered mountain hwy then back down the other side... cars spun out everywhere and made it all the way to Bellingham from yakima with out a hick up .thanks again Sgt.Welniak in yakima.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you need to buy a lottery ticket before your good luck goes away! Congrats on your purchase and safe trip over Snoqualmie Pass. I stopped one big rig who didn't know his rear brakes were on fire on that mountain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks