• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter recovery M35A2 tip on cab heat

phantomjeep

We just drove home from Selfridge Air Base to Boyne City Mi . Temp 0 , 250 miles and warm all the way with a soft top!!! Just wanted to share a tip about cab heat, this truck had a heater but with 0 for the outside temp the air coming out was about 45 , in comes the easy fix,$ 9.95 at walgreens hair dryer 1850 watts power, tye rap a magnet to the handel, run a cord 12 gauge out to the back and run a generator. Cab temp 60+ and frost free windows . The hair dryer ran for 10+ hours on the drive home. We even used it to help put the soft top on at the base . We had two dryers with us but one did the job, if you have no heater in the truck two will warm it up nice ,and with the magnets you can aim them where you need the heat.

Attachments

Camoclad

cab heat

I live in central PA and lately it has been colder than normal sometimes below 0. I have the hot water heater installed on my truck. I noticed mine didn't work well until I added the front canvas cover. My truck now runs @ 180* in sub zero temps and blows hot heat. I also pop riveted my soft top around the back of the tub until I get a hard top and got new weather stripping. On a 15* day I can actually make it uncomfortably warm in my truck. Just my .02:grin:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1500 watt(sometimes 1875 watt) hair dryer will pull 62 amps at 24volt. With the efficiency of the inverter, expect 70 amps, and more if it's a bigger dryer. Since stock alternator puts out 60 amps, battery's won't keep up. Might work on low. And 24volt inverters are expensive, 12volt one would quickly drain the one battery, and overcharge the other one.

Or, put a generator in the back!:razz:

Dennis

nickd

I have the stock deuce heater and with a newradiator installed and the truck runs at around 160. I do not have the radiator cover but in Delaware the temps are some what mild most of the time. A friend has a 151 mutt heater in his deuce that is mounted on the transmission hump close to the dash. It keeps his cab toasty warm as it does not bring in outside air into the cab like the stock deuce heater does. He lives in Pa coal country where is gets butt clenching cold!

rockman

Before I installed a heater in my duece, I used a coleman catalytic heater with a little green propane bottle. Magnets held the stand in place. Keep the cab toasty. I even used in the back with the kids (cargo cover on)..

Bill

JAYHAWK 1962

Murphys laws of combat... If it is stupid and it works it is not stupid. I love it. What a great idea. Of course if your head is clean shaven, the clerks look at you funny when you ask for the blowdryers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks