• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winter Storage

dnote

How are you guys storing your trailers outside over the winter? Aside from covering it, what's the best way to do this? I was thinking standing the bed up and laying the tongue on the ground although I'm not sure how to make that happen. I just don't want snow sitting in it for weeks and weeks at a time.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking:

1.) nice heated storage
2.) axle jacks to keep weight of the wheels
3.) complete brake fluid change
4.) fresh paint job
5.) new brake job
6.) custom scratch free dust cover

:) Sorry could not resist.

dnote

M101A2

I thought of the jack stands to keep the tires off the ground. I also ordered wheel covers to keep them out of the sun. Brake fluid was changed this spring. And all rust spots (the few there are) will be painted over in the next couple weeks.

Alexsha

M101A2

I thought of the jack stands to keep the tires off the ground. I also ordered wheel covers to keep them out of the sun. Brake fluid was changed this spring. And all rust spots (the few there are) will be painted over in the next couple weeks.
Where did you get wheel covers? I was thinking of getting covers for my XZL 14.00R20 tires, but I haven't found any big enough.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be sure to keep snow buildup off the tarp and bows. Snow can collapse the bows and rip the tarp.

dnote

You should sell it, guys are dying for nice 101 tops :)
I've thought about it. I'm sure I could get good money for it. It's perfect, vinyl, clear windows front and rear to see through it. But the day I sell it I'll need it for something hence holding on to it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And the military also doesn't care if they rust out or not. I do.
For what it's worth, DOD has spent countless millions on corrosion studies and rust and corrosion preventative coatings and treatments. Think they probably care. Matter of fact is they must do this, they surely can't put all their wheeled stock up on jackstands and put RV tire covers on them every winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks