• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winterization kit for M1008

sht2kll

I was reading a thread a while back and there was a post about a winterization kit. did the military have these for the M1008? Last December I had my radiator rebuilt and made it a 5 row. The heater never was warm and I can imagine the engine was running a bit on the cool side. This year I was thinking of blocking off part of the radiator to get it to run warmer. If anybody knows if there was such a kit, please let me know. Tom

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The kit consist of that bra for the front grill, a fuel fired heater for the coolant, and a fuel fired heater for the cab. I have some pics of the controller in my photo album.

citizensoldier

The kit consist of that bra for the front grill, a fuel fired heater for the coolant, and a fuel fired heater for the cab. I have some pics of the controller in my photo album.
There is a bit more to a stock CUCV kit gymp.. Shrouds for the oil pan, cab and door insulation and lots of brackets..

Attachments

wholden

Those are some great pictures. I can add that it also comes with different battery boxes, and replacment engine and transmission pans. One of my M1009's has them on it, my buddys has them on it and he has a complete extra kit. I have not found 1 CUCV up here that has the compete kit installed. Really seems like overkill to me.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those pics look nothing like the components I pulled from my M1031. It was way too tight under the hood with all that stuffed in there.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know Lane, I just didn't feel like typing it all out. If anyone needs it, I have the installation manual for all of it. It came with the kit I got.

chief1983

So, is there a reliable source for a kit, original or reproduction? Or does anyone just happen to have a full kit they'd like to part with? Would like to winterize my M1009 too, might be going to the Rockies this winter and would love to make it a little more bulletproof (although I should start by patching the giant hole in the rear wheel well into the cab).

Also, looks like jtonka is actually referring to http://www.jatonkam35s.com/

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an arctic cover for the back of the M1008 if anyone wants one. Heavy as a sack of anvils.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks