• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper arm question (Pics)

fredrader

Hi all,Elohim1 and I just installed the NAPA #60-750 Arms and the NAPA Exact Fit #60-011-1 Blades and they worked fine..Mine didn't have any arms on it when I bought the truck but his did..It seems it had 2 different type wiper arms and I was just wondering which one of them was the correct one for the truck..His is a 65 and mine is a 70..Both are M35A2 .. (Caution Very large pic...)

cten

Mine look like the bottom unit.

I was actually able to go to Walmart and purchase a refill for $2.44. and I will get (4)replacements out of the pack.

It requires a 5 second modification and you will think they were mil spec again.

If you like I can forward the part# for the refill using the original arms and metal that the blade attaches to.

Regards,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both are actually correct. The top one has an adjustable length and end. Other than that, same thing and might I add my opinion, both junk. The military wipers aren't worth the cost to blow them up.

SixBuy

Fred,
What did I do wrong? I bought two each of the NAPA 60-750 arms and the 60-011-1 blades. I put the arms together using the little straight tab that fastens to the arm with a screw. I replaced the knurled nut on the motor shaft with the new knurled nut and the threaded screw-in nut, Fits fine. slid the tab into the blade till the bump on the tab snapped in the hole. when the wiper moves, the whole blade assy wants to roll around the tab and flop back and forth. I don't see any other way to put it together. Is yours built that way? There were only two blade adapters with the arms - one straight and one curved. Any ideas?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stupid question here but what side of the arm is that little straight adapter on? It's knurled and is supposed to go on the back side of the wiper arm. When the screw tightens it pulls that knurled edge into the cup shape on the arm. Thats the only thing I can think of. I just put one on the drivers side of my tractor before the trip to Aberdeen. Might have been the best money I ever spent on the old truck.

SixBuy

Yeah, it's on the back side of the arm where the knurled surface bites into the cup attached to the arm. That puts the little bump up to match the hole in the blade receiver. But the blade still twists around the straight adapter. It's like the plastic doesn't provide enough support on the back side. I've got two and they're both the same. Score one for uniformity of construction...

Lions 1, Christians 0.

SixBuy

AH HA! Not all 60-011-1 blades are created equal! I have two that are different! The swivels where it slides on the arm are different! The one that flops around is stamped "Made in UK" and has the number "2" across the slot. The other that fits perfectly is stamped "TRICO england" and has the number "1" ! Caveat Emptor! Why me?

Lions 1, Christians 1, ... Back to NAPA. And my old mil spec blade was 12" long... I just knew Kenny and Fred couldn't be wrong!

Gatnom

SixBuy: I just went through the same thing but have not had time to get the info posted here. there are three exact fit wiper arm kit part numbers, We need Trico part # 51-062/ Napa # 60-750 wiper arm kit to get the knurled shaft attachment, but it it only comes with a narrow bayonet (5mm) and the narrow wrist action bayonet while the 60-011-1 blade takes a wide bayonet (7mm) I tried to get the wide bayonets from Trico and they would not sell them by themselves, so I called customer service and told them I purchased two 51-151 arm kits (Trico number) and they are supposed to come with three bayonets (narrow, wide , and the little bent wrist actoin) but came without the wide, (I would have rather bought them legit, but they would not work with me). They sent them out and I had them in 2 days. I also called the product support # and suggested they include all three bayonet types in all their kits. They said they would take it into consideration, so the more we gripe the better chance they will make things right. Everything fits good now. Here is a link to a trico page with part numbers. Dave http://www.tricoproducts.com/catalogs/adjustablewiperarms51ser.pdf

Trico 51-062 = Napa 60-750

51-151 = 60-751

51-250 = 60-725

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: white; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">For product related questions you can call 1-888-565-9632. For Customer Service issues, call 1-800-388-7426.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

SixBuy

So NAPA inherited Trico's problems! My 60-750 arm kit did not contain the wide bayonet, just the two narrow ones you mentioned. Turns out one 60-011-1 blade took the wide bayonet (the one marked "made in UK" with the number '2' while the other was the narrow. The next blade off the rack at NAPA was another narrow. So I'm good for now. Check you Trico blades and see if they are marked the same on the socket where the bayonet plugs in. What is the equivalent Trico number for the NAPA 80-011-1 blade?

Lions 1, Christians 2, We're gaining guys!

Gatnom

Six Buy: I had spoken with a a fellow at trico tech support (888) 565-9632. They were able to cross the Napa #s to Trico or vice versa.

Fred: It looks like you lucked out and got parts that fit! Are you sure about the blade # in your last post? Your very first post had the 6-011-1 number and is the one that i used (with the wide bayonet!). Dave

fredrader

I used the 60-750 adjustable arms and the 60-011-1 exact fit blades..All from NAPA..I used the straight adaptor that came with the adjustable arms and they work great..I mite have just got lucky..

Pappa-G

[:(!] Well it's good to hear that someone (other than my wife) is getting lucky. I've got a great set of arms on with no blades :banghead: [complaining] :banghead: I'll hit up napa tomorrow. Thanks for the info. ~ Pappa-G

SixBuy

Be advised the arms are a bit pricey - $17.19 ea and the blades were $6.89 ea. I'm sort of curious about the WalMart/ Pylon solution that cten posted. Sounds a whole lot cheaper. Just make it a point to check the blade receptacles before you leave the store to avoid disappointment, as they say!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouch until it rains. I paid right at $25 for one arm and blade before Aberdeen. Might just have been the best money spent on that old truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks