• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper arm upgrade

liljohn

Just did the wiper arm upgrade on my Deuce. Just thought I'd mention, the guy at NAPA said the 60-750 kit is on it's way out... dunno if there's gonna be a replacement for it. So if you're thinking about doing it, now would be the time! :D

I haven't tried mine out yet, but just looking at it you can see there's gonna be a big difference.... Well worth the $$, IMHO.

• Wow
Reactions: HDN

deuceman51

I'm working on a replacement kit for these right now, just have to check the fit and function and I will let you guys know. The old kit is obsolete and NAPA told me there is no replacement for them. Stupid I think. I found something that is close and should work, so as soon as i'm done testing it, i'll let you guys know.

Ajax MD

My M813 is missing both wiper arms (and the nut that holds the arms on). I have the original pneumatic wiper motors and they work fine.

In the archives, the NAPA part number is obsolete and not available. Anco wiper arms P/N 41-01 is listed as a possible replacement.
Has anyone successfully used these? Do they require a nut to retain them on the wiper shaft or is the splined cap good enough?

I know I can buy the OEM arms and wipers from MV vendors but I'd prefer to use a more modern wiper blade is possible.

Thanks.

18operator

My M813 is missing both wiper arms (and the nut that holds the arms on). I have the original pneumatic wiper motors and they work fine.

In the archives, the NAPA part number is obsolete and not available. Anco wiper arms P/N 41-01 is listed as a possible replacement.
Has anyone successfully used these? Do they require a nut to retain them on the wiper shaft or is the splined cap good enough?

I know I can buy the OEM arms and wipers from MV vendors but I'd prefer to use a more modern wiper blade is possible.

Thanks.
I used the 41-01 wiper arms.

18operator

IMG_0760.jpg

I didn't have to use the little nut that came with the OE arms, The new ones are splined to go on the shafts. They fit good with a bit of gentle persuasion. Had them on for 3+ years and they haven't fallen off.

winfred

im using two of the wiper blades for the back glass of a 2000s suburban, drilled out a cross rivet and bolted it to the stock arm after squeezing the blades opening closed enough together for the arms width, they work pretty good

8madjack

I grabbed some metal bodiy wiper blades from walmart that matched the stock length. Instead of sliding into the rectangular metal piece on the end of the arm like stock, they slid over the outside of it perfectly.

I expected to have to making adapter or something but I didn't there was even a hole in place.

pmcs

I have a set of the Anco 41-01 wiper arms on my CJ-5 Jeep and they work great, much better than the original ones! So when I read these would solve this problem on my M35A2, I was thrilled, but that didn't last very long, because I haven't been able to find any of them! I had ordered some from a supplier, but they didn't come, so I called Anco directly to see when they would be available and they advised that they no longer have any wiper arms, and haven't had them for about 4 years. So I'm hoping that someone has some more ideas on how to improve the wipers. The original ones are terrible and I've bought new wiper blades which I think were very old, because the rubber on the blades quickly deuterates and the rubber strips off. I'd like to find a way to put some current blades on this rig! I believe these arms have a 1/2" mounting hole.

• Sad
Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks