• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Arms Binding

JKDAY

I had a bad wiper motor in my truck when I purchased it. When I replaced the motor, I noticed that the pivot shafts that attach to the motor did not have plastic bushings or the retaining clip installed. When I turned the wiper on, it operated the wipers, but it would make a loud clanking noise because of the play in the linkage. I've now installed the bushings and the retaining clip. Now when I turn the wiper on I hear a popping noise, and the passenger side pivot arm pops of off the motor and/or pops off of the wiper lever on the passenger side. After the passenger pivot arms pops off, the driver's side operates normally. I have the driver's side pivot arm installed first on the wiper shaft closest to the wiper motor. Is this correct? I was wondering if the pivot arms might be installed in wrong order which might be causing the pivot arms to bind. Also, do the wiper bushings need to be pressed into the pivot arms before installing the wiper motor? I've been pressing the first bushing onto the motor shaft, inserting the shaft with bushing through the first pivot arm, pressing the second bushing onto the motor shaft, then installing the second pivot arm and finally the retaining clip. The bushings are hard plastic, and are very difficult to get over the motor shaft. I've heard that the wiper motor is a pain to install. This has been frustrating for sure.

JKDAY

I figured it out. The bushings weren't fully seated in the linkage arms. Now that I have the bushings properly seated, everything works as is should.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks