• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper blades and arms for a Deuce

Oldgrunt

Hello All
I'm in need of some new wiper blades and arms for my Deuce. I went to the cross referance guide, but didn't see anything. Does any one have a part no. for NAPA or Advance Auto?

Thanks
Old Grunt

ems4ty

Check out Saturn Surplus on the web. Jay usually has those I believe. I think he also sells the conversion wiper arm that accepts a standard wiper blade that you could get at your local auto parts store. I have the upgraded wiper blades/arms from him and they seem to work very well.

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Wiper blades and arms for a Deuce

ems4ty said:
Check out Saturn Surplus on the web. Jay usually has those I believe. I think he also sells the conversion wiper arm that accepts a standard wiper blade that you could get at your local auto parts store. I have the upgraded wiper blades/arms from him and they seem to work very well.
I did the same thing and never looked back. The conversion kit is the way to go.

jim-m35a2

I installed a set of Saturn upgrade wiper arms and blades on mine. The kit is 19.50 per one arm and 10" blade. I had to losen the set screw on the back of the arm and cut 1" off the shaft so the blade would not hit the sides of the windshield frame. I used the original knurl and mounting nut to secure the arm on the wiper motor shaft. I also painted the arms black. Shipping was 8.31 for 2 wiper kits and a windshield washer kit.

Jim
________
Magic Flight Launch Box

Attachments

Last edited:

emr

You mean U can see out in the rain with those, ???I just got in from the rain today with the deuce, it gets just as wet on the inside, they need an upgrade that has a wiper on BOTH sides of the glass... :shock: ...Randy

jim-m35a2

Yep, drove mine home from Indy and got a face full of rain. Stopped and got a roll of paper towel out of the chase car and plugged most of the gaps. Both wipers had half of the rubber torn loose from the blade and were flopping about. At least the plastic wiper motors worked :D

Jim
________
Druidism Forum

Last edited:

emr

Most of the gaps,,, rofl ,Ive been there so many times, but your knees still were getting soaked...It seems the wiper motor on my side always fails... even on my civy stuff, why is the drivers side cursed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks