• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper blades? My arms are flat, no hook like convention arms

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needed to replace my wiper blades, there's no hook like regular blades just complete flat on the arms where they attach? What blades do i need? I need them ASAP.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needed to replace my wiper blades, there's no hook like regular blades just complete flat on the arms where they attach? What blades do i need? I need them ASAP.
I don't like the plastic attachment parts they use for the straight arms that are on these since they can bend very easy. Years ago when you got blades the adapter for the bend came with them but I don't think they do anymore so you're stuck with just then end for support. I got blades not long ago and they just shove in about a half inch and that's it. I got extra mounts for the truck as when I use it a bunch the plastic flexes and pops off. My blazer, I found some very old wiper blades that had those adapters in for the curve and used those on it. The guy I got them from thought I was nuts wanting his old blades. You can use pretty much any wiper though new, they will just push in to the small plastic lock. I got the 19 inch blades so they swipe the windshield better too.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So which one's am I looking for at the local parts store?
The basic trico exact fit at 16 inch will work fine for a while. I think those fat mount rain x brand ones might last longer with their type of thick mount but not sure. There's a bunch of options really I just liked the stock metal cage look. The trico flex beam says it will fit too. It has that fat upper mount that might last longer. The thing you are looking for is the 3/16 inch slide lock to be compatible with the straight wiper arms, it is stated in the description for the wiper blade online. I don't think I'd bet much on the person at the parts store to know what that is though.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys! I went to NAPA this morning got the right trico ice blades listed in the book and the guy showed me how they would fit in., fit perfectly!
That sounds like a great choice, being up north could use those. What mount do they have on them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks