• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper circuit/fuel heater/switch test?

dependable

A truck I am fixing (M1010 with 1008 wire harness both cab and engine) has wiper problems. Looked at TMs, used search and have been under the hood a couple hours.

Blows fuses when wiper on low, works on high. Washer does not try to engage. Have tried a couple different wiper motors. Noise suppression capacitors bypassed and contacts clean. Wiper fuse blows in low even with fuel heater disconnected.

Does any one know a test procedure for wiper switch? Too time consuming to swap out as a diagnostic.

Discovered that when wiper switch is disconnected, wiper motor goes on when fuel heater plugged in(with ignition on). Getting 12.3 v to fuel heater and am aware it is fed by same fuse, but think that is kind of weird. Fuel heater tests at 2 ohms. Fuel heater on NOS filter base tests at 2.3 ohms, is that enough difference to indicate a short? Fuse blows even with heater unplugged.

I guess it may be time to dissect wire harness again, but a multi meter test procedure for switch would be helpful, as I did test harness before I installed it. The 1010 harness was compromised by duvac meltdown for previous owner.

This truck has been a back burner project for a couple of years because of problems like this. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks