• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Modification

motorolanut

Does anyone know if the Duece Wiper modification located in the Resource section of SS will work on the M813's?

I notice the wiper arms are a bit different, a screw instead of a bolt hold the arms on the air driven motor.

ida34

The motors, windshields, and wipers are all the same as the deuce. It should not be a problem. If yours have a screw then someone messed with it. Someone may have already "upgraded" At any rate, the modification involves putting a knurled knob on the end of the wiper motor shaft. It should not matter how the know is held on. Screw or nut should work the same unless your motors have been severely hacked up.

motorolanut

10-4 Thanks

FYI.....Just picked up my NAPA #60-750 Wiper arm kit...

Was informed by NAPA guy, part has been discontinued awhile back and I was lucky to get these arms it took a 5 day order from Mass. for them to get me a pair.

Soooooooooo..Girls, Guys If you are thinking of doing this Mod, I won't screw around..... Get to NAPA quick2cents

jasonjc

In stead of new arms. I take the old arm and removre the end that hooks to the blade, most are crimped on. I replace that with a Anco 47-63 end, I remove the sping clip inside it then crimp it on the arm with a little work with a hammer. Then use a Anco 20-11 blade. The best part is they are both stainless steel no plastic crap. And they are in stock. I need to do another one soon if you all want pic say so.

wdbtchr

I'd sure like to see some pictures, I haven't done anything with mine yet since I rarely drive in the rain. When I do I just put the glass up as high as I can get it.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks