• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Motor is stuck!

nastypyro

So the wiper motor inlet is not letting air into the piston. Now the inlet part ( circled in red) has that piece of plastic that should be able to be pushed in to manually stop the air flow, but in this case it is stuck inwards permanently. That piece comes off the main piston with 6 screws and the rest of it looks great, and I can only find full wiper motors which seems like a waste. Anyone know where to buy just that piece or have suggestions for me?
photo 3.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 4.jpg

ducer

If you search the site you will find there is a very good write up on how to disassemble, clean and rebuild the wiper motors. It's not that hard and common sense will guide you most of the way.
Let search be your friend!

Denny

Amer-team

Good luck on the rebuild. I followed the thread on rebuilding these, cleaned them, blew them out, put in new o-rings, lubed and have had it apart 6 to 10 times (mostly because I am cheap) with no luck. I managed to find one of the old style metal wiper motors on a friends scrap pile, took it apart, cleaned, and lubed and it works like a champ. I have not destructive tested that sealed end piece to find out what truly goes wrong, but it doesn't want to give it up easy.

Military mechanics have told me their fix is to put a new one on. Yet they have also said, they will sometimes take apart the 3 way light switch clean them up and re-use. So it depends on skill, time, and parts availability. Keep us posted. If you find the trick, it is still lying on the bench for the next time I don't have anything better to do.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've tried also to repair the plastic ones, with some luck. Metal ones are better for rebuilding.

ichudov

I also have a stuck plastic motor on the driver's side in my M927. I will try to fix it, but if it fails, would anyone recommend a good replacement?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks