• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Motor Problems

JohnFire

I have no power here either, but I haven't had time to hunt anything down. I think the column switch on mine might be bad, but the water light and seatbelt light come on when I try to turn them on. Also my turn signal arrows are staying lit.

SlimtheLineman

The truck was converted to 12v when I got it. So I am not sure i will have to get a tester on it. When I put a new motor in it will work slow on a dry winshield or stop half way through a wipe depending on the motor. If there is a good amount of rain the wipers will work but they are pretty slow. It seems to me like they are half the speed they should be. If I accidentally hit the switch on a dry day or the rain turns to a light drizzle I have to shut them off immediatly or they seem to burn the motor out cause the motor wont work again. Also if I use the sprayer motor they go slower. I hope that helps you get a better picture AJMBLAZER

CCATLETT1984

I would check the voltage going into the motor, sounds like you have a voltage drop. It could also be the grounds on the motor, the way these motors work is that the two grounds switch to make the motor run at a different speed.