• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper parks in line of sight

blmyachtsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone else have drivers side wiper always park in the worst place? The drive is not splined so I can't just clock it different. Is their a left and right, maybe I have two rights (passenger sides).

sandcobra164

I just switch mine off when they are in the position I want them to be in. They driver´s side one normally wants to park towards the left while looking out and I prefer to stop it when it´s to the right.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a small bungee on the one of mine that does that. Hook it to the lever on the air motor in what ever position you want.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone else have drivers side wiper always park in the worst place? The drive is not splined so I can't just clock it different. Is their a left and right, maybe I have two rights (passenger sides).
If you have a stock wiper motor, they have very fine splines. Just loosen it up and rotate it.

blmyachtsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I'll have another look. Wondering, if I switch the air lines will it work backwards and " park " to the right which is out of the way. I'll try it

blmyachtsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man do I feel silly, wiper arms have a cone shaped splined gromet in them which was corroded in place (looked like one piece). The center of said gromet receives the motor drive shaft and only goes two ways, I thought that was it. Simple tap tap and the gromet pops out and can be positioned any number of ways. Thanks all

blmyachtsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silly and stupid i guess, the avatar is my current M923A2. I will be sure to update my info. Thanks again, drove all day without a wiper in my face!