• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiper problems

alfa59

Hi,
Greetings from Belgium - preparing my M35A2 for our MV contest starting on Friday until Sunday. About 250 MV's are expected (see website www.wingsandwheels.be)

Changed the air hoses and wiper motors - passenger side works fine - blade is moving correctly.
Driver's side is another problem - it moves to the right hand side and then stops.

Any idea what to do?

tnx,

Chris

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure the little red button is not pushed in. If it is not pushed in, and you still are having problems, try installing another wiper motor if you have one. The wiper motor in the truck might be bad.

acetomatoco

very seldom do both motors work simultaneously due to friction differences in them.. I would expect your lazy one has bugs in the input line or moisture...try blocking the good one from the circuit with a pair of vise grips and opening your air valve full for the other one and then helping it to the stops with the hand crank...it will not hurt to put some wd40 type stuff into the input side of the motor air line...there is a waxy lube on the piston seal in the motor which sometimes hardens up and also may make the reversing valve lazy...best cure for these things is to run them wide open on a wet windshield...

alfa59

Hi,

thanks - I will thry the trick with the vise grips - changed 3 times the wiper motors, red button is not pushed in , still didn't work.
So let's see if your magician works !!

tnx

Chris

m139h2otruck

Just had the same thing happen to ours, the drivers side is the metal "good" one and the right hand unit is the cheap plastic type that Winer sells for $23. Exploded one with 100psi air (end blew off and piston shattered). Install 2nd new unit which worked when installed, but failed in 2 days. I think old grease inside the plastic units binds them up. Used air tool oil and 90 psi air and now plastic one works.

steelandcanvas

acetomatoco said:
very seldom do both motors work simultaneously due to friction differences in them.. I would expect your lazy one has bugs in the input line or moisture...try blocking the good one from the circuit with a pair of vise grips and opening your air valve full for the other one and then helping it to the stops with the hand crank...it will not hurt to put some wd40 type stuff into the input side of the motor air line...there is a waxy lube on the piston seal in the motor which sometimes hardens up and also may make the reversing valve lazy...best cure for these things is to run them wide open on a wet windshield...
And I thought Kenny was good!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks